Philippines AirAsia: 7 Facts You Need To Know About the Name Change
The AirAsia Philippines you know is now officially called Philippines AirAsia (PAA). This was the revelation of PAA Chief Executive Officer Joy Caneba in a press briefing last week.
The Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission issued a certificate last September 14, 2015, approving the name “Philippines AirAsia Inc.” doing business under the name and style of AirAsia.
Shocked? Don’t be.
Read first these 7 facts you need to know about the new Philippines AirAsia name:
- PAA has completed the transition to a single operating certificate, consolidated operations and streamlined manpower. The previous AirAsia Philippines and AirAsia Zest are now combined into Philippines AirAsia.
- PAA currently has 941 regular employees and operates a fleet of 15 aircraft with domestic and international flights out of Manila, Cebu and Kalibo (gateway to Boracay).
- With this new development, expect new acquisitions of new Airbus A320 starting in 2016.
- Philippines AirAsia is a wholly owned subsidiary of AirAsia Inc. which is a joint venture company between Filipino investors Antonio O. Cojuangco, former Ambassador Alfredo M. Yao, Michael L. Romero, Marianne B. Hontiveros, and Malaysia’s AirAsia Berhad.
- Philippines AirAsia is by far the only local carrier that services the most number of international flights from China and South Korea to Kalibo International Airport with fly-thru services via Kuala Lumpur from Manila to various points in Asia, Australia and beyond.
- Philippines AirAsia is part of the AirAsia Group that has been awarded the World’s Best Low Cost Carrier for seven consecutive years running by Skytrax since 2009 to 2015.
- No changes in the logo, look, and aircraft. It’s really a matter of official, legal name.
Be in the loop on travel news and adventures with Let’s Go Sago! by subscribing to our blog through email and liking the LGS Facebook Page. Follow our Twitter and Instagram accounts too!
So there you go! Congratulations on the new name
AirAsia Philippines Philippines AirAsia!
Travelling on Peak Season? Here are some Travel Tips!
Are you traveling soon? And since it's already the hot-dry season [aka 'summer'] in the Philippines, it's peak travel season!...
How to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, the Golden Roof of Africa
Four in the morning, pitch-black and it’s 20 degrees below zero. There’s iced snot on my face but I don’t...
Smart Travelers’ Smart Hacks
Are you a smart traveller? Data from the Philippine Travel Survey Report 2020 showed that 7 out of 10 Filipinos...
Sea Travel? Catch 2GO’s P99 ‘Sama-Sama Sea Sale’!
2GO Travel, the Philippines’ largest premier sea travel provider, continues to offer Filipinos voyages that are 'Safe, Sulit, and Saya'...
Singapore Airlines: Create New Travel Memories
Remember the thrill and excitement you feel when planning for a spontaneous weekend getaway or an adventure-filled grand vacation -...
The Breathless Beauty of Bacau Bay
The first time I've been to Coron, Palawan was way back in 2006, and every time I come back, there's...
5 thoughts on “Philippines AirAsia: 7 Facts You Need To Know About the Name Change”
“PAA”? Talaga lng?