As 2011 bids goodbye, the Philippine government has recently officially declared the list of Philippine Holidays for 2012. The long weekends are back! Let’s maximize our Philippine Holidays! It’s time to set our travel plans for 2012!
The list of 2012 Philippine Holidays are as follows:
A. Regular Holidays
- January 1 – New Year’s Day (Sunday)
- April 5 – Maundy Thursday
- April 6 – Good Friday
- April 9 – Araw ng Kagitingan (Monday)
- May 1 – Labor Day (Tuesday)
- June 12 – Independence Day (Tuesday)
- August 27 – National Heroes Day – (Last Monday of August)
- November 30 – Bonifacio Day – (Friday)
- December 25 – Christmas Day (Tuesday)
- December 30 – Rizal Day (Sunday)
B. Special (Non-Working) Days
- January 23 – Chinese New Year (Monday)
- August 21 – Ninoy Aquino Day (Tuesday)
- November 1 – All Saints Day – (Thursday)
- November 2 – Additional special (non-working) day (Friday)
- December 31 – Last Day of the Year (Monday)
C. Special Holiday (for all schools)
- February 25 – EDSA Revolution Anniversary (Saturday)
Expect also additional Philippine holidays as well for the observation of our Muslim brother’s Eid’l Fitr and Eid’l Adha depending on the Islamic calendar.
Did you notice sosmething new in the list? Yes, it’s the Chinese New Year holiday! it seems that the Philippine government is starting to recognize the role of Filipino-Chinese citizens in the country. Roughly covering a tenth of the Philippine population, the Filipino-Chinese people are indeed increasingly becoming relevant in the Philippine social community and economic stability. What can you say about this newest addition to the list of Philippine 2012 Holidays?
Again, let us use the opportunity the Philippine Holidays 2012 offers. But at the same time, let us not forget the meaning and essence of each of the holidays we will be having. So what’s your travel plan for 2012? 🙂
The country’s pioneering integrated resort, Newport World Resorts, is taking a bolder step in its property-wide I Love Earth (ILE)...
Four in the morning, pitch-black and it’s 20 degrees below zero. There’s iced snot on my face but I don’t...
While the Christmas season in the Philippines start once the “ber” months kick in, the All Saint's Day and All...
The Klook Travel Fest is back and better than ever! With 2 years of lockdown and pandemic blues, this year's...
Are you a smart traveller? Data from the Philippine Travel Survey Report 2020 showed that 7 out of 10 Filipinos...
In celebration of the first anniversary of MV 2GO Masagana –2GO's most modern vessel – 2GO Travel is offering a...