It’s good to gather and interact offline with fellow bloggers from time to time. So when I heard that Blog & Soul is organizing a travel bloggers’ forum, I knew I just have to attend.
Pinoy travel bloggers came together early this afternoon and discussed almost everything about travel blogging from starting your own travel blogs to handling sponsored trips.
Members of the panel who shared their expertise and experiences were:
- Ivan Henares of Ivan About Town (http://ivanhenares.com/)
- Ferdz Decena of Ironwulf (http://ironwulf.net/)
- James Betia of Journeying James (http://journeyingjames.com/)
- Edgar Alan Zeta-Yap (http://eazytraveler.blogspot.com/)
Here are some insightful travel tips they were able to share:
- Pinoy Travel Bloggers’ role in promoting Philippine Tourism
- Importance of travel photos in a travel blog
- Having non-Philippine-related posts to catch foreign visitors to read about your previous Philippine-related posts.
- Be conscious with the security and political situation of the country you are going to.
- A Traveller’s Cheque can be a good alterntative to ATM cards for backup money abroad.
- Juggling travel blogging with your non-blogging jobs is doable; but having a travel-related non-blogging job can be helpful.
Here are some photos of travel bloggers present in the forum:
The Travel Bloggers’ Forum was held at the GLDC Caseroom of the Asian Institute of Management in Makati from 2 to 530pm.
I’d like to end this post on the Travel Bloggers’ Forum with a quote from travel blogger Journeying James:
“Maitim. malagkit,..dugyut,..I travel like the locals. That’s me!”
Are you traveling soon? And since it's already the hot-dry season [aka 'summer'] in the Philippines, it's peak travel season!...
The country’s pioneering integrated resort, Newport World Resorts, is taking a bolder step in its property-wide I Love Earth (ILE)...
Four in the morning, pitch-black and it’s 20 degrees below zero. There’s iced snot on my face but I don’t...
While the Christmas season in the Philippines start once the “ber” months kick in, the All Saint's Day and All...
The Klook Travel Fest is back and better than ever! With 2 years of lockdown and pandemic blues, this year's...
Are you a smart traveller? Data from the Philippine Travel Survey Report 2020 showed that 7 out of 10 Filipinos...