It’s good to gather and interact offline with fellow bloggers from time to time. So when I heard that Blog & Soul is organizing a travel bloggers’ forum, I knew I just have to attend.
Pinoy travel bloggers came together early this afternoon and discussed almost everything about travel blogging from starting your own travel blogs to handling sponsored trips.
Members of the panel who shared their expertise and experiences were:
- Ivan Henares of Ivan About Town (http://ivanhenares.com/)
- Ferdz Decena of Ironwulf (http://ironwulf.net/)
- James Betia of Journeying James (http://journeyingjames.com/)
- Edgar Alan Zeta-Yap (http://eazytraveler.blogspot.com/)
Here are some insightful travel tips they were able to share:
- Pinoy Travel Bloggers’ role in promoting Philippine Tourism
- Importance of travel photos in a travel blog
- Having non-Philippine-related posts to catch foreign visitors to read about your previous Philippine-related posts.
- Be conscious with the security and political situation of the country you are going to.
- A Traveller’s Cheque can be a good alterntative to ATM cards for backup money abroad.
- Juggling travel blogging with your non-blogging jobs is doable; but having a travel-related non-blogging job can be helpful.
Here are some photos of travel bloggers present in the forum:
The Travel Bloggers’ Forum was held at the GLDC Caseroom of the Asian Institute of Management in Makati from 2 to 530pm.
I’d like to end this post on the Travel Bloggers’ Forum with a quote from travel blogger Journeying James:
“Maitim. malagkit,..dugyut,..I travel like the locals. That’s me!”
Are you a smart traveller? Data from the Philippine Travel Survey Report 2020 showed that 7 out of 10 Filipinos...
In celebration of the first anniversary of MV 2GO Masagana –2GO's most modern vessel – 2GO Travel is offering a...
2GO Travel, the Philippines’ largest premier sea travel provider, continues to offer Filipinos voyages that are 'Safe, Sulit, and Saya'...
Remember the thrill and excitement you feel when planning for a spontaneous weekend getaway or an adventure-filled grand vacation -...
Join the Easter Fun Day at Diamond Hotel Philippines tomorrow - April 17, 2022! The entire family can enjoy Arcade...
As more regions in the country open with less restrictions on leisure trips under the most relaxed Covid-19 alert level,...