Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (TCEB) is organizing the “Thailand Moves Forward” exhibition soon. It aims to foster camaraderie among agents and promote Thailand’s Connect Businesses Campaign among Filipino entrepreneurs.
In a press conference held in Manila, Philippines (Dusit Thani Hotel) yesterday, they reiterated the group’s focus to reinforce bilateral MICE collaboration and trade promotion between Thailand and the Philippines where one of its objectives is to build innovative business solutions and strategic collaboration with the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) and Chamber of Commerce of the Philippine Islands (CCPI).
“In line with 2015’s ASEAN integration, TCEB has also developed an initiative dubbed ASEAN MICE which is set to strategically connect Thailand with regional alliances in the Philippines. TCEB aims to achieve long-term competitiveness and sustainability for the service sectors of Thailand together with partner- markets especially for the exhibition industry. In line with this TCEB also actively collaborates with other counterparts and government agencies under ‘Thai Team’ including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Commerce and Department of International Trade Promotion in moving Thailand’s MICE industry forward,” says TCEB president Nopparat Maythaveekulchai.
Thailand’s exhibition’s key industries include food & agriculture, machinery & auto parts, print & packaging, energy, jewellery, tourism & wellness, medical & healthcare. Other high growth and in-demand ASEAN industries in Thailand include transportation, ICT, energy, education, culture and tourism.
In the press ocnference, IMPACT Exhibition Project Manager Mr. Janz Ng Jianwei also shared the potential of the beauty and wellness industry, not only in Thailand, but also of ASEAN as a whole, including the Philippines.
TCEB is now working closely with key public and private sector partners to promote and reinvigorate the country’s positive image, reinforcing stakeholders’ understanding of Thailand’s key MICE industry strengths with initiatives such as the Thailand CONNECT. This year, Thailand is home to a various international exhibitions including Recharge Expo Thailand 2014, ISRMAX Asia Expo 2014, Pharmex Asia 2014, and Food & Hotel Thailand 2014, among others.
Incentive Programs for Stakeholders
TCEB has developed a number of incentive programs for visitors and exhibitors such as the following:
- CONNECT Businesses BIG Bonus Campaign – An exclusive group visitor promotion for Filipino businessmen to incentivize business-oriented leads and participants of international trade shows in Thailand. A US100 is given for every business matching made between a participant and a Thailand exhibitor; for each participant for a group of 5. Eligible participants are trade promoters, members of chamber of commerce, business trade associations, overseas industrial publications, overseas non-profit organizations, and MICE travel agents. Promo is valid from August till December, 2014.
- Be My Guest – A buyer appreciation program for potential buyers around the globe. Each organizer will receive 10 room nights free.
- Spice Up Your Business Agenda – An online program designed for business travellers to gain utmost experience in Thailand through special privileges for restaurants and leisure.
Thailand Exhibition Industry
In 2013, Thailand succeeded in welcoming 191,319 exhibitions visitors, a 16.4 per cent growth from a previous year, earning over US$480 million to the economy. In 2014, TCEB expects to see a rise of five percent in international exhibitions visitors to 181,200 visitors, and a 10 per cent rise in income to US$513 million, while the overall MICE industry is expected to welcome 888,210 MICE visitors, earning to Thai economy a total of US$ 2,907 million.
Thailand has been ranked the world’s largest producer of natural rubber and cassava, and one of the top 10 global manufacturers of vehicles and parts. In addition, Thailand is ASEAN’s second largest economy with key exports include vehicle parts and accessories, computers, refined fuel, rubber and plastic. Moreover, Thailand is globally ranked 18th on Ease of doing business report in 2014 conducted by the World Bank and party to 11 bilateral free trade agreements with countries both in Asia and around the world.
Know more about Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau and their projects through their website www.businesseventsthailand.com and their Corporate Communications Division contact information:
- Ms Arisara Thanuplang – Tel: +66 2 694 6095 –Email: [email protected]
- Mr Pishnu Plaikaew – Tel: +66 2 694 6000 – Email: [email protected]
- Ms Kanokwan Kadeedang – Tel: +66 2 694 6006 – Email: [email protected]
- Ms Kwanchanok Otton – Tel: +66 2 694 6096 – Email: [email protected]
Let’s Go Sago wishes the collaboration between the Thailand Convention & Exhibition Bureau (TCEB), Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI) and Chamber of Commerce of the Philippine Islands (CCPI) a success! May it also contribute to more tourism opportunities.
The country’s pioneering integrated resort, Newport World Resorts, is taking a bolder step in its property-wide I Love Earth (ILE)...
While the Christmas season in the Philippines start once the “ber” months kick in, the All Saint's Day and All...
The Klook Travel Fest is back and better than ever! With 2 years of lockdown and pandemic blues, this year's...
Join the Easter Fun Day at Diamond Hotel Philippines tomorrow - April 17, 2022! The entire family can enjoy Arcade...
As more regions in the country open with less restrictions on leisure trips under the most relaxed Covid-19 alert level,...
The Philippines’ leading carrier, Cebu Pacific (PSE: CEB) continues to make moments happen for everyone as it launches its trademark...