It has been 2 years now since I went to Mt. Pinatubo. Aside from the awesome site and experience of trekking, I heard some areas surrounding the crater-lake has now been landscaped.
Just before the summer is officially over, I want to see Mt. Pinatubo once again. And on May 28 June 04, 2011, we’re bringing a busload of bloggers with us and at the same time assisting event beneficiary Tahanang Walang Hagdanan.
After the successful “Let’s Go Surfing” bloggers’ surfing camp in La Union two years ago (which was able to raise P15,000 for WWF-Philippines), we are holding again a similar travel-themed activity for bloggers. This time the destination is the aforementioned majestic crater-lake of Mt. Pinatubo plus some trekking and a 4×4 jeepney ride.
This project is conceptualized by travel blog LetsGoSago.net but made possible with the help of our sponsors:
- Travel Factor
- Primer Group of Companies
- Solid Hosting
- Blogger Manila
- Still Open for Sponsorships (email admin AT LetsGoSago.net if interested)
They took care of the tokens and some raffle items for the blogger participants. We would also like to thank our media partners Nufffnang Philippines, ChurpChurp Philippines, and Orange Magazine TV. We would also like to thank our pre-event briefing venue partner Recreational Outdoor Exchange (R.O.X.) and Bus transportation partner Kiss Tourist Bus. And of course, these all ends up to nothing with out the blogger participants – you! Check out the following related articles:
Akyat Mt. Pinatubo Day Tour May 28 June 04, 2011, Saturday Tarlac, Philippines
02:30a – Assembly at Panay Avenue, Quezon Avenue MRT
03:00a – Departure to Capas, Tarlac
06:00a – ETA Tourism Office
06:30a – 4 x 4 ride to jump off point
07:00a – Start of 2-hour trek (can be shorter depending on the speed of participants)
09:00a – ETA crater; free-time, swim, explore
11:00a – Lunch break
12:30p – ETD to jump off point (2-hr trek)
02:30p – ETA jump off point; 4 x 4 ride back to Tourism Office
03:00p – ETA Tourism Office; wash-up
04:00p – ETD to Capas Shrine
04:30p – Side trip to Capas Shrine (if time permits)
05:00p – ETD to Manila. * arrival time in manila may vary, but the ETA would be 9:00pm
* Guest Participants P2,300 per person (the event is practically open to everyone at industry rate)
* Blogger Participants P1,900 P1,800 per person
** Blogger Participants are defined as bloggers who created a blogpost about the event, links to this post, and mentions the sponsors indicated above anytime from May 10 to June 03, 2011.
** P300 of the P1,900 P1,800 paid by the bloggers go to Tahanang Walang Hagdanan, the beneficiary.
Package Inclusions for All
* Roundtrip Private Kiss Tourist Bus Transfers
* 4×4 Vehicle with driver to hiking trail
* Local Guide
* Optional Skyway toll fee
* Conservation Fee
* Usage of Shower Area at Pinatubo Spa Town
* Sidetrip to Capas Shrine
* Pre-Event Briefing on May 20 May 25, 8pm at R.O.X Bonifacio High Street, Taguig
Additional Package Inclusions for Bloggers
* Jollibee Breakfast
* Jollibee Merienda
* Travel Factor Event Shirt
* Lots of Raffle at Pre-Event Briefing on May 20 May 25
* Tides Boracay Accomodations
* Mobile Phone
* SM Gift Certificates
* Jollibee Gift Certificates
* Havaianas Flip-flops
* Sledgers card cases worth 1290 each
* Sledgers Passport Holders worth 1590 each
* Unilab Gift Packs
* Starbucks VIA Ready Brews
* Travel bags
* Gift Packs and other Gift Certificates
How To Join
* Register in the online registration form
* Pay thru Bank Deposit / Paypal (details in online registration)
* Create a blogpost event announcement as specified above (for Blogger Participants only)
* Deadline of Payment: May 25 June 02, 2011 (can pay cash at pre-event briefing)
* For inquiries, email admin AT LetsGoSago.net with subject: “Akyat Pinatubo Inquiry”
* Please register only if you are 100% sure you are joining.
But Wait, There’s More!
* 1st 10 full registrants receive a pair of Havaianas Flip-flops
* 11th to 20th full registrants receive a box (1 dozen) Starbucks VIA Coffee Brew & 1 year webhosting
* 21st to 30th full registrants receive a Unilab gift pack.
* 31st to 40th full registrants receive 1 year webhosting
** A Full Registrant is defined as a blogger participant who has registered online, blogged about the event correctly, and paid the package (keep bank deposit slip as proof).
Registrants / Participants
1) I am not a blogger, can I still join?
Answer: Definitely! You are considered a “Guest Participant” and have full package inclusions at P2,300
2) What should I do to be a blogger participant?
Answer: 1. Register Online; 2. Blog about the event indicating What, When, Where details and link to this post. Mention/List all the sponsors as well; Pay the package rate thru bank deposit or Paypal.
3) My blog is a new blog and is only 1 week old, can I join?
Answer: As per industry usual practice, they usually accept blogs which has started months before. But for our purposes, I will accept as long as your blog started before May 01, 2011. Otherwise, you may join as a ‘Guest Participant.’
4) I’m interested to join but I don’t like climbing mountains?
Answer: Easier than mountain climbing, this is more of trekking (walking) and crossing shallow streams. A non-expert estimate would be 80% trekking and 20% mountain climbing.
View Larger Map
Join us on May 28 June 04, 2011 in this exciting Akyat Pinatubo adventure and worthwhile activity for Tahanang Walang Hagdanan. Special acknowledgments for sponsors and partners SM, Jollibee, Havaianas, Unilab, Travel Factor, GeiserMaclang, Primer Group of Companies, Sledgers, Solid Hosting, R.O.X., Kiss Tourist Bus, Nufffnang Philippines, ChurpChurp Philippines, Orange Magazine TV, and Blogger Manila.
Cebu Pacific will increase its flights this coming October 2021 to tourist spots Siargao, Boracay, and Bohol as the country’s...
I've visited a number of Philippine farms in the past years as part of the government's Agricultural Training Institute's (ATI)...
Thinking about visiting the amazing land of Thailand soon? Lets Go Sago was able to visit the recent Philippine Travel Tour Expo (PTAA) held...
The province of Pampanga is well known in the Philippines as a foodie haven where famous Filipino recipes and Pampangueno...
Although an archipelago of more than 7,000 islands, long drives are still prevalent in the Philippines and summer road trips are...
I have visited a number of provinces in Mindanao including Davao, Cagayan De Oro, and Camiguin. But it's my first...