An active volcano that became popularly known for its 1991 eruption, Mt. Pinatubo is located in the provincial borders of Zambales, Tarlac, and Pampanga in Luzon, Philippines.
Its name literally meaning ‘to have made grown’, it’s June 1991 eruption was considered to be the biggest land volcano eruption of the 20th century.
It caused the surrounding provinces great calamity but the residents eventually got back on its feet a few years after. In December 27, 1994, the first documented trek and exploration of Mount Pinatubo’s volcano was made by the members of the then Congress Mountaineers now called, The Association of Philippine Mountaineers.
It then became an adventure trek spot and frequented by mountaineers and backpackers. Organized tours, treks and expeditions to the picturesque volcano crater was then offered with the assistance of the Department of Tourism. Military assistance is also included in the trek for security purposes due to some presence of local rebel groups. 4×4 vehicles are also used starting from the Capas area of Tarlac before a few hours of hiking to the crater itself.
And after that short history, tap that adventurous spirit in you and join our Mount Pinatubo guided tour on April 12, 2009 for an Easter Day trip special. Greet the day of the Lord’s rising amidst his awesome creation and witness the majestic blue green waters of the Mt. Pinatubo crater.
CONQUER MT. PINATUBO Day Trip
Apr 12, 2009
Travel Factor’s trekking adventure to the crater of Mt. Pinatubo
PACKAGE RATE P2,000 per person
* Roundtrip Private Van Transfers
* 4×4 Vehicle to hiking trail (via skyway)
* Local Guide
* Skyway toll fee
* Conservation Fee
* Afternoon Snacks
* Usage of Shower Area
* Sidetrip to Capas Shrine (if time permits)
* Free Travel Factor ID and Lanyard * Free Travel Factor ID and Lanyard
* Travel Insurance
DAY TRIP ITINERARY
Sunday, Apr 12, 2009
02:30a – Assembly at McDO El Pueblo, Ortigas
03:00a – Departure to Capas, Tarlac
06:00a – ETA Tourism Office; registration
06:30a – 4 x 4 ride to jump off point via Skyway
07:30a – Start of 2-hour trek (might be shorter depending on the speed of participants)
09:30a – ETA crater; free-time, swim, explore
11:30n – Lunch break
01:30p – ETD to jump off point (2-hr trek)
03:30p – ETA jump off point; 4 x 4 ride back to Tourism Office
04:00p – ETA Tourism Office; wash-up
05:00p – ETD to Capas Shrine
05:30p – Side trip to Capas Shrine (if time permits)
06:00p – ETD to Manila. Stop over for dinner
*** arrival time in manila may vary, but the latest ETA would be 10:00pm
BOOKING AND RESERVATION GUIDELINES
* Deadline of Payment: April 08, 2009
* Deadline of Registration: Depend on Availability of Slots
* Book & Buy Policy. First come, first serve basis.
* No regform, No reservation. To reserve, please fill-out registration form then send to [email protected] Subject: Pinatubo – Registration (Apr 12, 2009)
* Then you will receive thru email account details where to deposit payment (BPI). For group reservations, please send your registration forms in one file & email.
* Everyone is required to download and submit registration form
* Please register only if you are 100% sure you are joining. And if after registering you need to back-out, please have the courtesy to notify us properly thru email.
* Full payment must be settled within the agreed timeframe. Should you need extension, please coordinate with Travel Factor
* Non-refundable but transferable to other person. Travel Factor must be notified asap or at least 5 days before the trip. In this case, the “proxy” must fill-out and submit registration form.
* Upon payment, you will receive a copy of complete guidelines, including things to bring, itinerary, reminders, etc…
* For inquiries, email [email protected] or call/txt the assigned reservation officer of this trip 0926-6108700 (Cedric)
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
As more and more Boracay island hotels open again, Savoy Hotel Boracay officially reopens anew today - June 1, 2022!...
Remember the thrill and excitement you feel when planning for a spontaneous weekend getaway or an adventure-filled grand vacation -...
The first time I've been to Coron, Palawan was way back in 2006, and every time I come back, there's...
The first major pandemic lockdown in the Philippines happened more than two years ago - it was March 15, 2020....
Airlines worldover continue to look at ways to overcome the significant challenges brought by the on-going effects of the COVID-19...
The local government units of five destinations in the 2GO Travel network have relaxed travel restrictions and have simplified entry...