Let’s Go Surfing is Sago‘s first year anniversary project on August 15-16. It’s a charity surfing clinic for bloggers and beginner surfers. It’d be held at Billabong Surf School and San Juan Surf Resort in Urbiztondo Beach, San Juan, La Union, a week after Sago turns 1.
August 01 Update: Click Here!
It intends to bring travel, food and other niche of bloggers together in one awesome charity event. The specific objectives of the project are as follows:
• To financially assist WWF-Philippines in their local endeavors & operations.
• To enhance the awareness of the country’s natural beauty & promote Philippine tourism.
• To strengthen the local community of bloggers through this project.
The event will host
• A pre-event orientation in Metro Manila on the afternoon of August 08, a week before the event, and LetsGoSago.net’s 1st Anniversary.
• A beginner’s surfing clinic for bloggers and non-blogger participants at the Billabong Surf School with Top Philippine Celebrity Surfer Luke Landrigan (Men’s Health Mag May 2009 Cover)
• A food side trip in two popular food spots in San Juan La Union – Halo-Halo de Iloko and Midway Grill.
• Program, raffle and a night beach party on the 15th.
* Private Bus Transfers: Manila to LU. to – LU to Manila
* Overnight aircon accommodation at San Juan Surf Resort
* 1hr surf lesson (1-on-1 instructor)
* Surfboard rental
* Day 1 Breakfast
* Night Beach party on Day 1
Day 1, Saturday Aug 15
01:00am – Meet-up at Mcdo Quezon Ave (24hrs) where bus is parked
01:30am – Bus leaves McDo Q.Ave sharp
05:30am – Sison, Pangasinan stop-over (light merienda; wiwi break)
08:00am – ETA Resort & Pre-paid Breakfast
09:00am – Batch 1 Surf Lesson
10:30am – Batch 2 Surf Lesson
12:00nn – Lunch and siesta
01:30pm – Batch 3 Surf Lesson
03:00pm – Batch 4 Surf Lesson
04:30pm – Batch 5 Surf Lesson
05:30pm – Sunset Photo Op
07:00pm – Dinner
08:30pm – Let’s Go Party!!! (Short Program and Raffle for Blogger-Participants)
Day 2, Sunday Aug 16
08:00am – Free Time, Skim Boarding, Beach bumming
– Option to have additional surf lesson at your own cost
11:00am – Group/Event Picture
11:30nn – Checkout from the resort & Lunch
05:00pm – Sidetrip to Isdaan in Tarlac (Photo Op only)
09:00pm – ETA Manila
* Both lunch may have the option to go to Halo-Halo de Iloko or Midway Grill as part of the food sidetrips
How To Join
Both blogger-participants and regular (non-blogger) participants alike are welcome to join. Complete the online registration, pay the corresponding fees, and make sure you are physically fit.
Online Registration and over-the-bank-payment details shall be released on July 25.
Cost is currently at P2500 per person including everything from transpo to surf lessons. Please see ‘package inclusion‘ above.
Discounts through Point System (for blogger-participants only).
A person is considered a ‘blogger-participant‘ if he/she makes an announcement blog post about the event including the list of sponsors and links anytime from July 26 to August 8 (This is similar to WordCamp 08 requirement; blog post in Multiply.com is not a valid entry). Blogger-participants are also included in special raffle prizes at the night beach party.
1) By creating a blog post and Including the list of sponsors with links, blogger participants automatically earn 600 points which is worth P600. These 600 points automatically donates P600 to WWF-Philippines to support their projects and operations. Donor blogger-participants would also receive a free one-year membership with WWF-Philippines.
Complete point system for more discounts will be revealed on July 25.
For any concerns and Inquiries, please don’t hesitate to email LetsGoSagoDotNet<at>gmail.com
Dates To Remember
Jul 25 – Release of information on online registration, payment details, list of sponsors, and discount system.
Jul 26 – Start of Online Registration
– First day of payment
– First day of posting a blog about the event
Aug 08 – Last Day of Registration
– Last Day of Payment
– Last Day of posting a blog about the event
Aug 15&16 – Of course, the event itself
* Poster Credit to Sabs of DigzDesigns.net
We would also like to extend our gratitude to early confirmed sponsors and partners who have helped us lower the cost of the whole project for the organizer and blogger-participants. They are the following: Geiser Maclang, Yehey!, and Starbucks Philippines.
So what are you waiting for? Start shopping for a new pair of bikini or board shorts. Stretch those muscles and restart your diet programs as it’s time to hit the beach of La Union and surf for charity! Join LetsGoSago.net’s “Let’s Go Surfing,” the anniversary surfing clinic.
Are you a smart traveller? Data from the Philippine Travel Survey Report 2020 showed that 7 out of 10 Filipinos...
In celebration of the first anniversary of MV 2GO Masagana –2GO's most modern vessel – 2GO Travel is offering a...
2GO Travel, the Philippines’ largest premier sea travel provider, continues to offer Filipinos voyages that are 'Safe, Sulit, and Saya'...
As more and more Boracay island hotels open again, Savoy Hotel Boracay officially reopens anew today - June 1, 2022!...
Remember the thrill and excitement you feel when planning for a spontaneous weekend getaway or an adventure-filled grand vacation -...
Join the Easter Fun Day at Diamond Hotel Philippines tomorrow - April 17, 2022! The entire family can enjoy Arcade...