Finally, details for LetsGoSago.net‘s first year anniversary project – “Let’s Go Surfing” are out. The charity surfing clinic for bloggers and beginner surfers is all set for August 15-16 in La Union, a week after Sago turns 1.
It will be held at the Billabong Surf School and San Juan Surf Resort in Urbiztondo Beach, San Juan, La Union.
It intends to bring travel, food and other niche of bloggers together in one awesome charity event. The specific objectives of the project are as follows:
• Financially assist WWF-Philippines in their local endeavors & operations.
• Further promote Philippine tourism.
• Strengthen the local community of Philippine bloggers through this project.
The event will host
• A 1hr pre-event orientation on Aug 08 4pm about the activities involved and LetsGoSago.net’s actual 1st Anniversary at Starbucks 6750 (beside Glorietta) Makati (This is strategically set for the 5:30pm bus pick up point for the awarding night of the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs).
• A beginner’s surfing clinic for bloggers and non-blogger participants at the Billabong Surf School with Top Philippine Celebrity Surfer Luke Landrigan(Men’s Health Mag May 2009 Cover)
• A food side trip in two popular food spots in San Juan La Union – Halo-Halo de Iloko or Midway Grill (pending developments).
• Program, Raffle and Night beach party at 8:00pm of the 15th.
1-on-1 Surfing Instructors
* Private Bus Transfers: Manila to LU. to LU to Manila
* Overnight aircon accommodation at San Juan Surf Resort
* 1hr surf lesson (1-on-1 instructor)
* Surfboard rental
* Day 1 Breakfast
* Night Beach party on 1st Night
* Side Trip at Isdaan Floating Restaurant (Gerona, Tarlac)
Day 1, Saturday Aug 15
01:00am – Meet-up at Mcdo Quezon Ave (24hrs)
01:30am – Bus leaves McDo Q.Ave sharp
05:30am – Sison, Pangasinan stop-over (CR break)
08:00am – ETA Resort & Pre-paid Breakfast
09:00am – Batch 1 Surf Lesson
10:30am – Batch 2 Surf Lesson
12:00nn – Lunch and siesta
01:30pm – Batch 3 Surf Lesson
03:00pm – Batch 4 Surf Lesson
04:30pm – Batch 5 Surf Lesson
05:30pm – Sunset Photo Op
06:30pm – Dinner
08:00pm – Let’s Go Party!!! (Short Program, Raffle, and Night Beach Party)
Day 2, Sunday Aug 16
08:00am – Free Time, Skim Boarding, Beach bumming
- Option to have additional surf lesson at your own cost
11:00am – Group/Event Picture
11:30nn – Checkout from the resort & Lunch
05:00pm – Sidetrip to Isdaan in Tarlac (Photo Op only)
09:00pm – ETA Manila
* Both lunch may have the option to go to Halo-Halo de Iloko or Midway Grill as part of the food sidetrips
Let's Go Surfing @ La Union on Aug 15-16, 2009
* (10 pairs) Havaianas Flip Flops
* (5) VMV Hypoallergenics’ Armada Sport 70 Sun+Light Screen worth more than 1K each.
* (5) 1yr Webhosting packages from Web.com.ph
* A free surfing trip to Baler, Aurora including private bus transfers, accommodations, and surfing lesson
* Billabong Merchandise
* Starbucks Coffee Vouchers from Starbucks Coffee
* Branded loot bags from JumpShotsPH.com
* Gift Certificates from Digital Manila.blogspot.com (Red Ribbon, 7-Eleven)
* Travel Factor T-shirts
* More surprise items
Pre-Event Orientation on August 08
Registered blogger participants are encouraged to attend this activity but are not required. A short orientation and briefing about the trip, the events, and activities will be discussed.
A number of activities will also happen in relation to LetsGoSago.net’s 1st Anniversary. First 20 registrants to arrive at the event would receive a Starbucks Coffee drink of their choice at the coffee shop.
Regular participant cost is P2500 per person which includes transportation, accommodations and surf lessons. Please see ‘Package Inclusions‘ above.
For blogger participants, from the original cost of P2500, cost is now down to P2000P1500 with the support of our sponsors. Furthermore, P600 of that would go to WWF Philippines as a donation to support their projects and operations. You can do this by simply making a blog post (Multiply.com not valid) about the event and mentioning Bico Australia and SM as event sponsors. Bico Australia should have a link to http://bico.shop-ph.com/. This can be done anytime from now until August 1011 14.You would also each receive an acknowledgment letter from WWF-Philippines regarding your donation as an individual.
Please make the first 50% (P1000) non-refundable deposit of your payment anytime from July 27-August 1011 14 to
Bank Account Name: Jonel Uy
Bank Account Number: 2426-1841-59
Bank Branch: BPI Megamall
After payment, email the transaction code of your deposit slip. Keep this and bring the deposit slip on Aug 15 as your proof of payment. The remaining balance of P1000 shall be collected on Aug 15 when you come.
Extras for Blogger Participants
* First 50 to register online and join shall receive original Starbucks ID lanyards and Starbucks Cap
* First 50 to register online and join shall receive a VSRC Skin Privilege Pass entitling the bearer to FREE Skin Testing, 25% off Facials+Diamond Peel+Medical Grade Peel, and 10% off Laser and other dermatological packages.
* First 30 blogger participants to register online and pay shall receive a one-year free webhosting package from Web.com.ph
* First 10 blogger participants to register online and pay shall receive a Starbucks Coffee Voucher from Starbucks Philippines
Our current sponsors are Philippine Dept. of Tourism Bico Australia SM
VMV Skin Research Centre + Clinics
Partners Qtube of QTV (Official TV Media Partner) Men’s Health & Women’s Health Magazine (Official Print Media Partner) Web.com.ph (Official Webhosting Partner)
Yehey.com (Official Online Media Partner)
The event is also supported by:
Dates To Remember
Jul 27 – First day of online registration, over-the-bank payment, and blog posts (for bloggers only) Jul 29 – Release of Complete line of Sponsors Aug 08 – Pre-Event orientation and LetsGoSago.net 1st Anniversary @ Starbucks 6750 Aug 10 11 14 – Last day of online registration, over-the-bank payment, and blog posts (for bloggers only) Aug 15&16 – Of course, the event itself Map
Answer: Of course, that is why it’s entitled surfing clinic. It’s actually for beginners with zero experience. We don’t recommend it for those who already know surfing.
3) I don’t know how to swim, can I still surf?
Answer: Yes, La Union is a famous surf spot for beginning surfers due to its beginner-friendly waves. Aside from having a one-on-one instructor (meaning his focus is all on you), the beginner’s surf spot water level is only 5ft deep such that even if you fall off the board to the water, just stand up on your feet and your head will be pretty much above the waters.
4) We are coming as a family and I’m bringing my 6 yr old kid. Can he already join the surfing class?
Answer: Surfing for beginners has generally no age limit. As long as the child can stand on board and is not afraid of the water, he/she is good to go.
5) What should I be careful of?
Answer: As mentioned in no.3, it is pretty safe being with the instructor. What you should be careful of is not to ‘hit’ other surfers with your surf board while riding the wave. For your part, when at sea, try to avoid other surfer’s wave path.
6) I just want to enjoy the beach, I won’t enroll in the surfing classes, how much should I pay? OR I’m not riding the private bus, I’ll bring my own car ? OR I have my own surfboard, I don’t need to rent from the surfing school.
Answer: For such and similar questions, please email me at LetsGoSagoDotNet@gmail.com with subject “Customized Package” for proper quotation and discounts.
For any concerns and Inquiries, please don’t hesitate to email LetsGoSagoDotNet<at>gmail.com
So what are you waiting for? Start shopping for a new pair of bikini or board shorts. Stretch those muscles and restart your diet programs as it’s time to hit the beach of La Union and surf for charity! Join LetsGoSago.net’s “Let’s Go Surfing,” the anniversary surfing clinic.